EU Food Security HUB. Tackling food insecurity promoting sustainable and socially inclusive food and agriculture ecosystems.
The EU Food Security HUB project aims to promote cooperation, knowledge sharing and scaling up of good practices between organisations promoting food security and food sovereignty, while enhancing professional development to improve the social inclusion of vulnerable groups.
Its main motivation is to build a common European competency framework for innovative career pathways that contribute to addressing the challenge of food insecurity from a sustainable and socially inclusive approach.
EU Food Security HUB, funded by Erasmus+ and coordinated by Associació Benestar i Desenvolupament ABD, will run from December 2022 to June 2025 with partners IASIS, LAND Impresa Sociale, Fondazione ACRA, Urgenci and EQU
After the pandemic, unemployment is one of the most serious problems in Europe: young people and the low-skilled are the most affected groups (Eurostat, 2021).
The EU Food Security HUB project addresses the need to improve the access of migrants, refugees and other vulnerable people to good quality education as a means for social inclusion. To achieve this, the EU Food Security HUB seeks to strengthen cooperation between different types of organisations, to emphasise public-private cooperation and to foster the creation of green jobs that contribute significantly to poverty eradication, while contributing to the green and sustainable transition of EU economies.
- European participatory Survey of selected best practices to define specific future-oriented green jobs professional itineraries
- 4-day European Knowledge and Experience Sharing Meeting in Milan
- Design and test of cross-sector training materials: Food Security VET Training Program, MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) and Toolkit
- 5 European Exchange and Peer-Learning Workshops at El Prat de Llobregat, Palermo, Aubagne, Piacenza and Athens
- EU Guidelines aimed to help to adopt a new approach against food insecurity
- Dissemination activities to raise awareness and disseminate the project results.
- 2-day international meeting with 100 attendees in El Prat de Llobregat
Food Security Hub
Tackling food insecurity promoting sustainable and socially inclusive food and agriculture ecosystems.